Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

HUD

So I've been reworking the Heads-Up Display (again) somewhat. I didn't quite like the way the View section looked and the Status bar also needed some updating. I decided to take a few more looks at the menu screens and HUD of Castlevania Judgement for the Wii, as I had already based other portions of the HUD on it.


Konami/Eighting's
Castlevania Judgment (Wii)

The Health Bar and Special Attack Bar formed the inspiration for my version of Castlevania 64's Health Bar and Boss Bar (as can be seen at the bottom of this post).

The bar holding the name of the combatants seemed to be a decent starting point to base the View section on. So I went with that. Having a bar instead of just the text additionally provides the benefit of it looking more uniform.






I also reworked my previous Status/Blood meter by putting it in grayscale and putting the name of the condition in it to make its use more obvious.

And so here we have the current version of the HUD:

Underground Waterway

And yes, I'm taking some heavy liberties with the Underground Waterway because I think it's the ugliest level in the entire game. Once again I'm taking inspiration from Castlevania Judgment. When I'm done I intend to evoke a look similarly to the Crystal Cavern stage. Sadly I can't do anything about the depressing soundtrack.

Boss View

5 comments:

  1. Looks really good! By any chance, can you upload a new version of your work? I was impressed with the latest version and seeing everything you tweaked.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to get something up soon.

      Delete
    2. Hey:-) You're making a great Job and I hope u can finish ur project. So i have a little question- is it possible to make some more skills for Carrie? I mean like Triple small energyballs at one moment or a small teleportation. Is this possible?

      Delete
    3. If it's not related to textures, I can't touch it.

      Delete
  2. WOW amazing good job, but Megaupload is down please add new link?

    ReplyDelete